1968-1974 Leningrad, USSR - Department of Petrography, Leningrad State University – full time student at the Faculty of Geology
- 1998 Doctor of Sciences in Geology & Mineralogy, St. Petersburg State University, Russia - thesis on “Evolution of Paleozoic alkaline magmatism of the NE Baltic Shield”.
- 1983 Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.), St-Petersburg State University, Russia - thesis on “Petrology of apatite deposits in south-eastern part of the Khibina complex”.
- 1968 Diploma in Mineralogy, Geochemistry and Geology (M.Sc.), Leningrad State University, Russia.
- 2016-present - for Geology students – courses in Petrology of Igneous rocks, Petrography & geochemistry of alkaline rocks.
- 2001-2009 – for Geology students (M.Sc.) – courses “Petrological Geochemistry and Geodynamics”, “Igneous rock series”, “Modern petrological methods”.
- 2001-2009 - for students of Mining specialties – General course of Geology.
- 2016 Gregory Rift – Crater Highlands, Tanzania (1 month) – St. Petersburg State University
- 2016 Precambrian dyke swarms Kola Peninsula, Russia (1 month) – Institute of Geology of Ore Deposits, Moscow
- 2015 Paleozoic alkaline and carbonatite intrusions Kola Peninsula, Russia (1 month every summer since 1976) – Institute of Precambrian Geology and Geochronology RAS, St. Petersburg
- 2015 Egyptian belt of the Nubian Shield. Abu Khruq and El Kahfa alkaline ring complexes, Egypt (1 month) – Assiut University, Egypt.
- 2013 Precambrian alkaline and carbonatite intrusions of Karelia, eastern Fennoscandian Shield (2 months) Institute of Precambrian Geology and Geochronology RAS, St. Petersburg.
- 1990 Seiland Alkaline Province, Northern Norway. (1 month) Geological institute of the Kola Sci. Centre.
- 1989 Oslo Rift igneous series and Fen complex South Norway. (1 month) Geological institute of the Kola Sci. Centre.
- 2015-2017 St. Petersburg State University, (184.108.40.2065) “Nephelinite series of the Kola and East Africa: composition, sources, conditions of formation and metallogeny”
- 2015-2017 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 15-05-02116) Minerals as indicators of petrogenetic processes in the Kola alkaline province
- 2012-2014 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 12-05-00244) Indicatory role of trace elements in evolution of the Paleozoic ultrabasic-alkaline series of the Kola igneous province
- 2009-2011 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 09-05-00224) Petrology of the Paleozoic agpaite syenite intrusions of the Kola alkaline province: geochemical aspect
- 2006-2008 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 06-05-64130) The role of the Precambrian plume-lithospheric processes in the origin of the Kola Alkaline Province
- 2003-2005 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 03-05-64066) Palaeozoic dyke magmatism in the Kola Province: isotope-geochemical characteristics, comparative analysis, creation of numerical model of evolution of alkaline series.
- 2002-2004 NATO Collaborative Linkage Grant awarded to A.A. Arzamastsev and P.Montero. Ref. No. EST-CLG-978997 Trace element partitioning among major and accessory phases of plutonic alkaline rocks.
- 2000-2002 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 00-05-64229) Paleozoic tectono-magmatic activation of the Baltic Shield: Duration and evolution of magmatism.
- 1997-1999 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 97-05-64002) Paleozoic subvolcanic series of the Kola Province as indicators of endogenic regimes of alkaline magmatism.
- 1995-1996 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, (RFBR 95-05-14301) Three-dimensional petrological-geophysical model of alkaline complexes of the central-type igneous complexes (Kola Province).
- 2016-2018 Russian Science Foundation, awarded to A.V.Samsonov (RSF 16-17-10260) “Timing and mantle sources of Paleoproterozoic mafic dyke swarms in the Eastern Fennoscandian Shield: insights into Kenorland supercontinent fragmentation”
- 2012-2014 Russian Foundation for Basic Research, awarded to R.V.Veselovsky (RFBR 912-05-00216) “Geodynamics of the Phanerozoic tectonic-magmatic activity stage in the north-eastern Fennoscandian Shield: paleomagnetic, geochronological and petrological data”